Massage therapy is a hands-on approach to healing. A licensed massage therapist (LMT) works with their patients to relieve pain and improve muscle function, reduce stress and anxiety, and improve overall well-being. Massage therapists may specialize in different types of massage, including deep tissue or Swedish massage.
Massage therapy is an effective alternative to many traditional medical practices. It can be used as a stand-alone treatment or in conjunction with other treatments such as physical therapy, acupuncture and chiropractic care.
What Is Lomi Lomi Massage?
- Lomi Lomi massage is a type of Hawaiian massage that focuses on applying pressure to the entire body. It was developed as a way to honor Hawaiian culture and tradition, and it’s been practiced for hundreds of years.
- In a typical Lomi Lomi session, the therapist uses their hands and forearms to apply pressure to your back, neck, arms, legs, and feet—kind of like how you might rub a cat’s belly. The therapist will also use their hands and forearms to apply pressure to your chest, abdomen, and thighs. In addition, they may also use their feet to massage your legs and feet (or vice versa).
- When you get a massage from someone who specializes in Lomi Lomi massage techniques, you’ll probably feel sore afterward—but in an amazing way!
Experience The Amazing Benefits Of Lomi Lomi Massage
- 로미로미massage can help you feel more relaxed and calm, as well as reduce muscle tension and stress. It also helps ease headaches and migraines by relieving pressure from the nerves in your neck and head. Lomi lomi massage can also help improve circulation by loosening tight muscles and improving blood flow throughout your body.
- Lomi lomi massage is also known for its focus on communication between the client and therapist—the therapist will ask questions about how the client feels at different points during the session in order to make sure they’re giving them what they need most at that time.
- Lomi lomi massage is great for people who have trouble relaxing and getting into a meditative state, because it helps quiet your mind by focusing on the present moment rather than worrying about what might happen in the future or reflecting on past mistakes or regrets.
Tips In Finding The Best Massage Therapist
Here are some tips for finding the best massage therapist for you:
- Look for someone with experience. You want someone who has been practicing for at least five years, but ideally more like ten!
- Ask for referrals from friends and family that have had massages before—you can get an idea of what kind of experience they had and whether or not it was a positive one.
Look for someone who specializes in your condition. If you have chronic lower back pain from an accident or surgery, look for someone who specializes in this area (i.e., “chronic back pain”). It may seem like common sense, but many massage therapists offer general treatments without specializing in any particular condition.